Saturday, April 16, 2011

Like I care

"No, I'm not a registered voter," I told Ariel, much to her surprise and dismay.
 
"But it's your responsibility as a citizen to register as a voter!" she exclaimed.
 
I wasn't ready to tell her why I personally don't intend to ever register as a voter. Like I care. I really don't. I just woke up one day and decided I really don't want to know what's going on in the news anymore. It's like a neverending Chinese drama that has got so much drama in it that it has already ceased to be exciting. But don't end up thinking like me, for heaven's sake. It's my personal choice. 
 
When a man could get so obsessed with politics to the extent of leaving behind his own family (and wife) and dumping a girl he had promised to look after, there's no point in convincing him not to leave. I so love using the phrase "and wife", don't I?
 
"Stop writing! You're getting into so much trouble!"  
 
"It's not going to make a difference," so he had said.
 
So be it. Let all the Angelas, Lynns and whichever aunties out there continue to shower you with praises (and sometimes free meals) for your intelligence and wit, for your amazing ability to charm your way into any person's heart. You say you're not doing this because of the glamour. I say you're doing this because you're just fcuked up. Already fcuked up big time since your university days.
 
Strange how all these kind aunties could tell you so many things about their families but you never mention anything about yours. Not like you have much to tell anyway.
 
Write on, you big liar. It's not going to make a damn difference to me anymore, you bloody rapist, bloody rapist, bloody rapist.  
 
This anger's kinda getting out of control, I suppose.

No comments: